Perhaps one of the most valuable benefits of being a part of the Maritime College Alumni Association community is having access to its worldwide network spanning across various facets of the maritime industry and beyond. Here, you will find the latest job openings from organizations within the Maritime College Network.
If you are interested in posting a job opening on this page, please click here.
Company: IHI Power Services Corp.
Position: PLANT ENGINEER
Join our dynamic team at Garrison! Garrison Energy Center located in the heart of Dover, DE, a 309 MW Dual Fuel Combined Cycle Power Generating facility is seeking a full-time Plant Engineer. The Plant Engineer serves as a resource for plant personnel to assist in the safe, effective, and efficient operation of the facility.
- Plan, prioritize, manage, and review the work of staff involved in a variety of engineering tasks related to the operations and maintenance of generation equipment
- Manage the optimization modeling program to analyze the output and efficiency of the plant and recommend design or procedural changes to improve the efficiency of the plant
- Review operations, regulatory and maintenance procedures and identify areas in need of modification or improvement so not to adversely impact equipment operations
- Manage reporting to measure, monitor, and manage the effectiveness of the predictive and reliability maintenance optimization program
- Manage equipment testing, inspections, non-destructive testing, and examination procedures to assure compliance with applicable codes and standards
- Manage methods for troubleshooting emergent equipment and process issues
2-4 Year Mechanical or HVAC Engineering Degree in related fields mandatory.
3-5 years as a Field Applications Engineer with exceptional communication skills
and technical know-how.
Practical experience operating HVAC and automatic control systems.
Good theoretical and practical knowledge of building systems technologies. (E.g.
BTU and electric meters, building controls, HVAC systems & automation, internet
communications technologies and Microsoft Office Suite).
Knowledge of electricity and Internet technologies.
Knowledge and experience within chilled water and boiler plant systems.
Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, teaching skills.
Problem-solving skills with a focus on details.
Analytical and accurate.
Ability to organize and manage small to medium size projects.
IHI Power Services Corp
Date Posted: September 14, 2022
Company: Howe Robinson Partners
Position: Shipbroker Trainee – Dry Cargo
A unique opportunity for enthusiastic graduates to join one of the world’s leading shipbrokers, Howe Robinson Partners at our Fort Lee, New Jersey office.
The role of a shipbroker is to act as an intermediary, negotiating the rates and terms upon which goods are transported around the globe. Our office specializes in the transportation of dry bulk commodities in bulk.
Trainees will learn by sitting alongside and providing support to our team of experienced shipbrokers in a demanding environment which will allow them to gain insight to the intricate relationships between international commerce and the shipment of goods by sea.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently as well as in team setting
- Able to listen and learn quickly in a fast-moving environment
- Perform well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly detail-oriented, strong business and work ethic
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- USCG license, Chartering or other ABSA certifications a plus
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: DRYNJ
Howe Robinson Partners is one of the world’s largest privately owned shipbroking companies employing over 200 brokers across a global network of 13 offices. We provide comprehensive shipbroking services to our global clients across various shipping markets. For more information, please visit https://www.howerobinson.com/
Date Posted: May 18, 2022